Friday, July 28, 2006
My Life........


Three passions have governed my life
The longing for Love, the search for knowledge
and unbearable pity for the suffering of Humankind

Love brings ecstasy & relieves loneliness
In the union of Love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of heavens that saints & poets have imagined...

With equal passion I have sought knowledge
I have wished to understand the hearts of people
I have wished to know why stars shine....

Love & Knowledge led upwards to heavens
But always pity brought me back to earth
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart

Of children in famine, of victims tortured

And of old people left helpless......

I long to alleviate the evil But I cannot and I too suffer
This has been my life; I find it worthy living...

Adapted
 
posted by Klara at 4:24 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: