Saturday, August 12, 2006
Damn this Life...................
Yersterday I came face to face with my past, even though it wasn't a nasty breakup, I have always dreaded that meeting, Infact have been avoiding to....But as I sat there listening to how he was doing, I couldnt help wondering where would we be had I not been that "judgemental".....Offcourse all the aspects of his life have Improved, He drives, has a fiance, owns ahouse, etc, while on the other hand nothing real changed in my life am still technically single, I own no house....nothing changed really I just grew older...He went on and on about how his current was understanding, Non-judgemental, patient.....and the list continues. In the end I wished him all the best & headed for home.
But I couldn't help wondering why on earth do we make promises we have no intention of keeing?Are human beings destined to be liars?
I
let that go remembering the saying: Life is like an onion, you peel of one layer off at atime & sometimes you weep. Infact If I was able to live through that horror, I can take the next thing that comes along...........
 
posted by Klara at 12:20 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 12/8/06 20:08, Blogger Uaridi

    Pole for the trial. But just think, why was he trying so hard to impress you? What was he hiding? Everyone has something to hide.

    Take comfort because you faced the bear and did not allow it to eat you up.

     
  • At 14/8/06 12:05, Blogger Klara

    Yeah..Thanks.If I beared that I guess I can handle anything

     
  • At 14/8/06 17:57, Blogger b

    Intercontinental advice is probably advice quite flawed...but anyway, here is my two cents on the matter.

    Whilst you may lament his apparent 'success', it may be that he is lamenting the freedom associated with your existence. Cars and houses usually mean repayments and mortgages. And partners do make things more complex at times.

    Perhaps the words of Tom Waits, regarding the single life, might cheer you:

    "Don't have to ask permission if you wanna go out fishin'
    You can go out late, come home when you please,
    Get up at the crack of 'noon, midnight howling at the moon and you never gotta ask for the keys"

    The question about human beings and liars is a right doozy that I might address sometime.

    Anyway, chin up and all that guff.

     
  • At 18/8/06 01:09, Blogger Turtle Guy

    Might I remind you that you are indeed changing, your life is evolving, but on YOUR path, not his. All his external circumstances may be changing for the better, but who is he inside? Is he happy?

     
  • At 23/8/06 12:28, Blogger Klara

    Thanks b & turtle guy for that.Advice taken...........